Jobs & Internships
Marketing Internship 2020
We are currently seeking one or two qualified individuals looking to build their resume with experience in either marketing, social media management, or visual communications. With the upcoming festival in March, we're looking for dedicated, creative and driven individuals to help us keep things moving behind the scenes here at The Nick.
Interns will work under the supervision of both the Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator. Tasks will include creating content for the website and social media accounts (@indiegrits and @nicktheatre) and documenting the Indie Grits Film Festival 2020.
If you're interested, please submit a resume and cover letter to our Marketing Coordinator, Bree Burchfield, at [email protected]
Job Duties and Experience
- Availability during the Indie Grits Film Festival 2020 (March 26-29).
- Writing and content management for The Nickelodeon website.
- Creating content for and maintaining social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Particularly during the Indie Grits Film Festival.
- Creating attractive and engaging content for social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) on a regular basis.
- Strategize marketing plans with the marketing team, and assist the Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator.
- Help distributing marketing materials such as festival merchandise, flyers, posters and more.
- Other duties as assigned by Marketing Coordinator.
- Familiarity with the Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress.
- Knowledge on running social media accounts such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook in an engaging and effective manner.
- A basic understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite; particularly Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator.
- Strong writing skills in copy, editing, and proofreading, event planning and management.
- Photography and/or design skills are a major plus. Both event photography, as well as small design projects are an opportunity for the position.
We receive most of our interns from local universities, but having an internship for college credit is not necessarily a prerequisite. The commitment will be 10-15 hours per week.
Email Bree Burchfield, Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected]