Jobs & Internships
The Nickelodeon Theatre is looking for fun, energetic, and friendly people to join our team. Our part-time Theater Associates work under the supervision of our Front of House Managers, assisting customers in both concessions and the box office.
This is a part-time, 10-15 hours/week position with a starting salary of $8.00/hour. After a 6 month review, a $2.00/hour raise will be considered.
Job Duties and Experience
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for guests
- Greet guests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns, both in person and over the phone.
- Operate the point-of-sale system efficiently and effectively.
- Be knowledgeable about screening times and locations, ticket pricing, and the Nickelodeon Theatre membership program.
- Maintain cash drawer and make accurate change.
- Assemble concessions orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor theaters for picture/sound quality, temperature, lighting, and guest behavior.
- Proactively clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas, including the theaters, restrooms, lobby, concession area, and box office.
- Restock concessions when needed and maintain a clean workspace.
- Be an advocate for the Nick! Promote and keep up-to-date on all upcoming screenings and events at the Nick and Indie Grits Labs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests efficiently
- Experience working within the Google Suite.
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, and heavy lifting: 25 lbs for popcorn bags and 55 – 87 lbs for kegs.
Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected]