Jobs & Internships
The Nickelodeon Theatre is looking for fun, energetic, and friendly people to join our team. Our part-time Theater Associates work under the supervision of our Front of House Leaders, assisting customers in both concessions and the box office.
This is a part-time, 10-15 hours/week position with a starting salary of $8.00/hour. After a 6 month review, a $2.00/hour raise will be considered.
Job Duties and Experience
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for guests
- Greet guests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Operate the point-of-sale system efficiently and effectively.
- Be knowledgeable about screening times and locations, ticket pricing, and the Nickelodeon Theatre membership program.
- Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns, both in person and over the phone.
- Maintain cash drawer and make accurate change.
- Assemble concessions orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor theaters for picture/sound quality, temperature, lighting, and guest behavior.
- Proactively clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas, including the theaters, restrooms, lobby, concession area, and box office.
- Restock concessions when needed and maintain a clean workspace.
- Be an advocate for the Nick! Promote and keep up-to-date on all upcoming screenings and events at the Nick and Indie Grits Labs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests efficiently
- Experience working within the Google Suite.
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, and heavy lifting: 25 lbs for popcorn bags and 55 – 87 lbs for kegs.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Shanel Jackson, Director of Operations and Membership, at [email protected]
The Projectionist and Media Editor (PME) oversees theater presentations to ensure that Nickelodeon patrons have excellent movie-going experiences. The PME is responsible for film trafficking, theater playlists, organizing the projection booths, and maintenance of projection systems.
This position reports to the Director of Programming and works closely with the Director of Theatre Operations for special events and with the Executive Director on pre-show content.
This is a 15-25 hour per week part-time job depending on the theatre’s COVID operating status. Starting compensation is $12/ hour and increases to $15/hr when training is completed.
The Columbia Film Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring an accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
Job Duties and Experience
- Builds weekly projection playlists and maintains high-quality media presentations.
- Coordinates with film distributors to ensure the timely delivery of films and KDMs. Oversee all film and media trafficking.
- Prepares and manages the presentation of all trailer and pre-show content.
- Develops expertise in all the systems and equipment in the projection booth and coordinates projection system maintenance
- Develop high-quality and effective projection systems and processes for the theater and keeps staff trained and up to date on all systems and processes
- Ensure that equipment and technical needs for all special events, series, and screenings are met.
- Maintains clean and well-organized projection booths.
- Creates a weekly marquee schedule.
- Maintain projection manual and training guide.
- Complete Box Office Reports and submit ComScore reports
- Must have an advanced understanding and working knowledge of computer systems (mac) and projection/presentation systems.
- Experience with DCP projection systems preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Premiere, After Effects, and Photoshop) highly preferred.
- Must have a high school diploma (college degree or current enrollment in college preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Punctual and highly attentive to details.
- Highly organized
- Must be available to work certain mornings and late nights during the week and the occasional weekend.
- Experience operating an 8mm and 16mm projector preferred.
While some work is performed in an office setting during regularly scheduled office hours, the position requires availability for evening and weekend activities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
If you are interested, please send a resume and application letter to Thaddeus Jones, [email protected] with Projectionist Position in the subject line. You can also send questions to this email.