- We embrace the power of film to delight, inspire reflection, and provoke dialog.
- We respect different points of view, take responsibility for our actions, and hold ourselves accountable to our members and the larger community.
- We strive to build and sustain a commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and excellence that is reflected in the stories and themes we feature in our programming as well as in our policies, culture, and behaviors.
- We believe in the power of engaged citizens to transform their community. We encourage courageous, open, and honest communication and seek to stimulate critical dialogue. We measure success through the range and depth of the community partnerships we are able to sustain.
- We work to create a supportive environment for challenging conversations. Disagreements over political, economic, and cultural matters are welcome, and we will sometimes cause controversy through the programs we present. Disparagement of individuals based on race, ethnicity, gender, religion, or sexual orientation will not be tolerated in conversations we host.
- We welcome advocates of social justice and sustainability to inspire critical examination of our values and priorities. We collaborate with community partners to bring advocates’ perspectives to our audiences and review our policies, behaviors, and this Living Statement of Values with those perspectives in mind.
Mission & Values
Serving the Midlands region of South Carolina, the Nickelodeon seeks to build a stronger, more inclusive, and more equitable community through film presentations that both entertain and provoke critical dialogue. The Nickelodeon provides community members with the tools to interpret, appreciate, teach, and produce the moving image in all its variety through theatrical and educational programs.