Jobs & Internships
The Nickelodeon Theatre is looking for fun, energetic, and friendly people to join our team. Our part-time Theater Associates work under the supervision of our Nickelodeon Shift Leaders, assisting customers in concessions, box office, and their Nickelodeon customer experience.
This is a part-time, 10-15 hours/week position with a starting compensation of $9.00/hour, depending on the theatre’s COVID operating status. After a 45 day review, a $1.00/hour raise will be considered.
This position reports to the Director of Operations.
The Columbia Film Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug-free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring an accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
Job Duties and Experience
Nickelodeon Theater Associates should:
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for guests
- Greet guests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Operate the point-of-sale system efficiently and effectively.
- Be knowledgeable about screening times and locations, ticket pricing, and the Nickelodeon Theatre membership program.
- Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns, both in person and over the phone.
- Assemble concessions orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor theaters for picture/sound quality, temperature, lighting, and guest behavior.
- Proactively clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas, including the theaters, restrooms, lobby, concession area, and box office.
- Adhere to all COVID-19 voluntary health and safety guidelines followed by the theater.
- Restock concessions when needed and maintain a clean workspace.
- Be an advocate for the Nick! Promote and keep up-to-date on all upcoming screenings and events at the Nick and Indie Grits Labs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests efficiently
- Experience working within the Google Suite.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work Thursday through Sunday shifts with variable hours; weekend availability is mandatory. Availability within the 2pm to 10pm window is required, but is flexible.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, and heavy lifting: 25 lbs for popcorn bags and 55 – 87 lbs for kegs.
- Position will require attendance at a paid Nickelodeon employee orientation.
- Must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19
If interested, please send your cover letter and resume to Shanel Jackson, Director of Operations and Membership, at firstname.lastname@example.org with Theater Associate in the subject line. You may also send questions to this address.