Jobs & Internships
The Nickelodeon Theatre is looking for fun, energetic, and friendly people to join our team. Our part-time Theater Associates work under the supervision of our Front of House Leaders, assisting customers in both concessions and the box office.
This is a part-time, 10-15 hours/week position with a starting salary of $8.00/hour. After a 6 month review, a $2.00/hour raise will be considered.
Job Duties and Experience
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for guests
- Greet guests in a timely and friendly manner.
- Operate the point-of-sale system efficiently and effectively.
- Be knowledgeable about screening times and locations, ticket pricing, and the Nickelodeon Theatre membership program.
- Answer questions from guests and resolve any concerns, both in person and over the phone.
- Maintain cash drawer and make accurate change.
- Assemble concessions orders in a timely manner.
- Monitor theaters for picture/sound quality, temperature, lighting, and guest behavior.
- Proactively clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas, including the theaters, restrooms, lobby, concession area, and box office.
- Restock concessions when needed and maintain a clean workspace.
- Be an advocate for the Nick! Promote and keep up-to-date on all upcoming screenings and events at the Nick and Indie Grits Labs.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle multiple requests efficiently
- Experience working within the Google Suite.
Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work a variable schedule, including weekends, and shifts from morning through late night.
- Position will require frequent standing, bending/kneeling, and heavy lifting: 25 lbs for popcorn bags and 55 – 87 lbs for kegs.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Shanel Jackson, Director of Operations and Membership, at [email protected]
Indie Grits Film Festival | Marketing Internship
“One of the top 25 coolest festivals in the world” is what Movie Maker Magazine called Indie Grits Film Festival in 2019… and we like to think that the Nickelodeon Theatre is pretty awesome, too. We’re part of The Columbia Film Society, one of the most respected and forward-thinking presenters of cinema in the Southeast.
We’re looking for give-a-little-extra interns who are as passionate about the arts—and community—as we are. If you are studying marketing, public relations, film/video production, or visual communications, we’d love to hear from you.
Come help us keep things moving behind the scenes here at Indie Grits and The Nick! You’ll work under the supervision of the Marketing Manager and Coordinator—and learn as much as you give. Based on your skills, you might create online content, identify prospective partner organizations, or research publicity outlets for South Carolina’s leading exhibitor of films that count.
Interested in one of the coolest internships in Columbia? Please submit a resume and cover letter to Bree Burchfield, Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected]
Job Duties and Experience
- Availability from February 15, 2020 until March 29, 2020.
- Open availability during the Indie Grits Film Festival 2020 (March 26-29).
- Writing and content management for The Nickelodeon website.
- Creating content for and maintaining social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). Particularly during the Indie Grits Film Festival.
- Creating attractive and engaging content for social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) on a regular basis.
- Strategize marketing plans with the marketing team, and assist the Marketing Manager and Marketing Coordinator.
- Help distributing marketing materials such as festival merchandise, flyers, posters and more.
- Other duties as assigned by Marketing Coordinator.
- Familiarity with the Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite and WordPress.
- Knowledge on social media management and proficiency in the use of Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Ability to engage with communities and audiences in a creative and effective manner.
- Strong writing skills in copy, editing, and proofreading.
- Ability to assist with event planning and management.
- A basic understanding of the Adobe Creative Suite; particularly Photoshop, InDesign and/or Illustrator is a plus.
- Photography and/or design skills are a major plus. Both event photography, as well as small design projects are an opportunity for the position.
We receive most of our interns from local universities, but having an internship for college credit is not necessarily a prerequisite. The commitment will be 10-15 hours per week.
Email Bree Burchfield, Marketing Coordinator, at [email protected]