We are seeking a self-motivated individual with the desire to be part of a cultural organization that has a positive impact on the city of Columbia, the state of South Carolina, and the wider world of independent film. As the Nickelodeon seeks to abide by its core values of inclusivity, integrity, and citizen engagement, we aim to put access, diversity, equity, and inclusion front and center in everything that we do, and we’re looking for someone with the drive and curiosity to help lead the way towards an expansive sense of audience development.
This position is responsible for the communications, marketing, membership, and development administrative support duties for The Nickelodeon. The Marketing & Development Coordinator must have excellent customer service, communication skills, attention to detail, the ability to work with diverse people and self-prioritize. In this role, the Coordinator will have the opportunity to work closely with the Executive Director to shape and expand the Nickelodeon’s Marking and Development functions.
Job Duties and Experience
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Marking and Development Coordinator will:
Communications & Marketing
- Create and implement an external communications calendar including social media posts, blog posts and e-newsletters
- Coordinate media partnerships
- Assist in creation of print and digital marketing materials
- Update website content and messaging
- Track marketing results and analytics with Paid, Earned, Shared & Owned media
Membership & Development
- Assist with member, donor and sponsor cultivation, engagement and retention
- Send member and donor acknowledgement communications
- Manage accounts receivable and invoicing process for memberships, donations and sponsorships
- Maintain membership, sponsorship, donation and grant records through database entries, and reporting
- Maintain digital membership directory
- Assist with sponsorship fulfillment
- Track and report on board member gifts and participation
- Manage grants calendar and grants research
- Solicit and track in-kind contributions
- Assist with the planning and execution of member and donor cultivation events
- Assist with CBCA Board of Directors giving, including Individual Engagement Plan (IEP) scheduling, board gift tracking and reporting
- Data entry and maintaining an accurate database of people, organizations, memberships, donations and funding
- Assist with scheduling meetings for development and marketing functions
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience in communications, development, fundraising, marketing and/or membership administrative support roles
- Success working both independently and collaboratively on cross-functional projects, balancing stakeholder priorities at all levels of an organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Highly organized, attentive to detail
- Superb interpersonal skills with high emotional intelligence
- Experience working with people of diverse ages, genders, sexualities, ethnicities, cultures, abilities, and socio-economic backgrounds towards common goals
- Previous experience working in a non-profit or cultural institution a plus
This will be a full-time position with an annual salary of $52,000-$55,000 with additional benefits offered.
If interested, please email a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nickelodeon is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.
All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage orany other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our customers and contributing to the financial success of the organization, its clients, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
The Nickelodeon’s Mission:
Serving the Midlands region of South Carolina, the Nickelodeon seeks to build a stronger, more inclusive, and more equitable community through film presentations that both entertain and provoke critical dialogue. The Nickelodeon provides community members with the tools to interpret, appreciate, teach, and produce the moving image in all its variety through theatrical and educational programs.
The Nickelodeon serves the Midlands region of South Carolina as a center for critical dialogue, anchored by the presentation of films that showcase the diversity, challenges, joy, and aspirations of its community. A destination for enjoyment, enrichment, and education, the Nickelodeon provides the tools to make, interpret, appreciate, and teach the moving image in all its variety through its theatrical and educational programs.