We’re Hiring: Theater Operations Part-Time Assistant Manager
Jan 12, 2017 by Pauline on The Nickelodeon Blog
We are currently looking for a qualified individual with initiative, and strong multi-tasking skills who is eager to learn all they can about management in the non-profit organization world. You will work under the supervision of the Nick’s Operations Manager.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, January 19
Job Duties and Experience
You will oversee theater presentation and general operations and insure that customers of the Nickelodeon have an excellent movie-going experiences through quality customer service.
The Theater Operations Assistant Manager will oversee a number of part-time box office and concessions employees, and additionally serve as the volunteer coordinator and liaison for the theater. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising theater staff
- Maintain theater cleanliness
- Provide excellent customer service
- Supervise theater staff deposits
- Understanding systems and equipment in projection booth
- Collaborating with other departments to develop ways to support membership, marketing and development efforts within the lobby and theater.
Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
This person should be detail-oriented, communicative and skilled at multi-tasking. This person should have excellent customer service skills and understand the necessity of each step of the customer experience.
- Theater experience is highly appreciated but not mandatory
- Previous food and beverage or retail experience
- At least two years in a management role
- Strong customer service skills
- Aptitude for efficiency and attention to detail
A love for the arts/film community makes you an awesome candidate!
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift at least 25 lbs.
- Previous management experience
- Mostly nights and weekends
This position is part-time, approximately 20 hours per week.
Qualified candidates should have an understanding of and appreciation for the Nickelodeon’s mission.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]