We’re Hiring: Nickelodeon Theatre Programming Coordinator
Jun 27, 2018 by Alison Kozberg on The Nickelodeon Blog
The Nickelodeon Theatre seeks a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and highly organized Programming Coordinator to support all of the Theatre’s public programs. The Nickelodeon’s next programming coordinator should be passionate about cinema, a skilled communicator, and committed to providing the public with an excellent moviegoing experience.
This is a part time, 25 hr/ week position. $14 per hour.
The Programming Coordinator reports to the Nickelodeon Director.
Job Duties and Experience
- Maintain a high-level of knowledge of contemporary and classic cinema.
- Assist the Nickelodeon Theatre Director in pre-screening and selecting films for possible exhibition at the Nickelodeon Theatre.
- Reporting to Nickelodeon Theatre Director, create and maintain an annual public programming calendar for Nickelodeon Theatre screenings, proofreading to ensure accuracy.
- Track correspondence with film booker to ensure timely payments to film distributors.
- In conversation with Nickelodeon Theatre projectionist, ensure timely and cost-effective print trafficking.
- Maintain a detailed record of upcoming special events.
- Research and negotiate film rights.
- Prepare and write film synopsis for print and web.
- Prepare professional, polished film introductions, and moderate post-screening Q&As as assigned.
- Produce 6 trailers annually.
- Assist in proofreading content for Nick Mag and website.
- Coordinate the Nickelodeon Theatre Community Partnership program, preparing contracts, maintaining database and fielding all requests.
- Field requests from the public about possible programs and collaborations.
- Research guest speakers, panelists, and potential partners for special programs.
- Coordinate welcome packets and acknowledgement letters for guest speakers.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum one year of administrative experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Extreme professionalism and ability to handle sensitive information.
- Experience with Excel and some financial management preferred.
- Knowledgable about cinema.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere.
Interested parties should submit three writing samples (as described below), a cover letter, and a resume to [email protected]ckelodeon.org in PDF format by July 13 with the subject heading Programming Coordinator.
All applications should include the following writing samples:
- A film description written for the web (100 words)
- A film description written for our magazine (50 words)
- An example of a 4-part film series including an overall series description (100 words) and a list of 4 films.
The Nickelodeon is a 501(c)3 art house cinema and an equal opportunity employer, that has served Columbia and the state of South Carolina since 1979. Our organization does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, class, creed, physical or mental disability.
This position description is intended to describe the general nature of the work performed by the Programming Coordinator. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties required of people in this position and is subject to change.